Collets, bushings, barloader collets, feed fingers and other items are normally stocked in the fractional increments (Inc.) shown. Fractional bores of smaller increments than those listed are available as decimal items. Unless otherwise specified all dimensions shown are in inches.
Minimum Order: $15.00
Net 30 days. No cash discount allowed. Past due accounts are subject to 1.5% per month carrying charge (18% annual percentage rate). Shipments are automatically held for accounts exceeding 60 days. Accounts over 90 days (60 days past due) are subject to collection and future orders are shipped COD. Statements are not mailed. All new accounts must have a favorable Dun & Bradstreet rating or supply financial information including credit references. A credit form is available on request.
1. A return authorization number must be obtained from our Sales Department and marked on the outside of the returned package with a copy of the original packing slip. A detailed reason for the return must be enclosed with the returned part(s).
2. Stock items with standard bore sizes ordered in error are subject to a restocking charge.
3. Made-to-order items and standard items with special bore sizes that are ordered in error are not returnable.
4. In the event of a quality question, the parts involved are subject to Southwick & Meister's inspection before a final disposition can be made.
Meriden, Connecticut. The title of ownership changes hands at the moment of pickup by the carrier, which is also the invoice date. The responsibility for delayed or lost shipments is that of the receiver, although Southwick & Meister will assist in tracing and expediting such shipments.
Export orders are shipped only after the customer has requested, received and approved a pro forma invoice. Advance payment by certified check, money order or irrevocable letter of credit is required for each export shipment. Export orders are subject to extra charges for handling and documentation.
Valid for 30 days.
All conditions are subject to change without notice.
1455 North Colony Road
Meriden, Connecticut 06450
Phone (203) 237-0000
P. O. Box 725
Meriden, Connecticut 06450
Fax (203) 634-4509
SALES DEPARTMENT HOURS
Telephone - 7:00 AM thru 4:30 PM (Eastern Time)
Fax - Lines Open 24 Hours
HELPFUL ORDERING TIPS
Please know your customer account number. This will ensure that your package goes to you, and not another company with a similar name. If using a credit card, please have your account number and expiration date readily available.
Be sure to list the proper suffix after specials:
|OG - Overgrip
M - Meehanite
ST - Steel
XP - Extra Precision
|C - Carbide
SM - Smooth Bore
GR - Grooved Bore
HX - Hex
|SQ - Square
BLK - Blank
INC - Inclined Slots
|EN - Extended Nose
TS - True Serrations
HBSH - Hard Body Soft Head
For those customers experiencing problems with whipping stock or alignment of stock thru the collet or guide bushing, we offer the same collet and guide bushing with a Meehanite Guide in the back bore. Just specify when ordering "with Meehanite Plug".
If ordering extended nose collets or bushings, please be sure you have the proper dimensions. You may refer to the extended nose chart in this catalog, or specify either standard nose length plus your dimension or total nose length (including the standard nose length). Also, if a taper on the nose is required, please notify us at the time the order is placed.
- Carbide bushings and collets are available in extra long carbide bore lengths. The length varies depending on the bore diameter and which collet and bushing is being used.
- Collet bores up to and including .499 are standard as smooth bores. .500 and larger are standard as grooved bores. Please refer to the suffix list above when ordering non-standard items.
- If we are to ship any other way than UPS ground service, please be sure to specify when the order is placed. If special shipping requirements are not specified, this includes consignee and collect, we will ship UPS ground.
- If requiring next day air shipments, please make sure the item ordered is in stock. Please do not assume that because you asked for next day delivery, we have the item in stock.
- Please to be sure to check the proper collet and bushing identification number (alpha numeric) by referring to your machine identification chart.
- If following a quote with a purchase order, please refer to the person you quoted with. This person may be holding the parts you need.